Causes and problems
Tooth decay can be frustrating and uncomfortable if it is not managed correctly.
Tooth decay can result from:
- A lack of oral care, i.e. brushing and flossing;
- Diet, i.e. exposure to certain food and drinks;
- Habits such as smoking, alcohol consumption, drug addition, etc;
- Some medications which decrease saliva production and;
- Breathing through your mouth at night.
Teeth that have active decay that is not managed correctly can cause a number of problems including:
- Broken teeth which result in significant loss of tooth structure;
- Nerve damage and
- Tooth loss.
Tooth decay can be corrected by:
Click on thes links belows to find out more about each of these solutions.