Jaw joint pain
This problem can be painful and can affect your quality of life. In severe cases the pain can hinder you from smiling, eating and speaking.
The symptoms of jaw pain include:
Causes and problems
- Limited movement of the jaw
- Clicking or grating sounds in the jaw joints
- Jaw locking – open or closed
- Neck, shoulder or back pain
- Worn tooth surfaces, broken or chipped teeth
Jaw pain needs to be assessed thoroughly and the treatment may include:
Click on the links below to find out more about each of these solutions.
- Dental appliances, such as occulsal splints and orthotics;
- Surgery and / or a
- Full mouth reconstruction.
Correct diagnosis and treatment can often bring a marked improvement to chronic symptoms in the head, neck and jaw.